Saturday, September 3, 2011

Heath Peanut Butter Cookies - You decide

I had this bag of Heath bar candy in my pantry and they were calling me to use them.  Lucky for me, the recipe on the back of the bag called for peanut butter (my fav! Thanks Hershey!) in addition to the Heath so I figured I couldn't go wrong.  Now, I have to say that I only thought the cookies were marginal but at the request of my husband, the recipe has made it to the blog.  Apparently he thought they were more than just "good" and his co-workers shared the same belief (of course, I sent the cookies into work with my hubby), so here it is!


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cupshortening
  • 3/4 cupREESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoonsmilk
  • 1 tablespoonvanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/2 cupsall-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoonbaking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoonsalt
  • 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 375°F. 
  2. Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.

Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved bits.  
Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.



Not sure about your oven, but the bottom cookies in mine totally got burnt so now I know to only bake one tray at a time :) 

HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits

2 comments:

  1. I decided I would like these right now! They look delicious!!! I just love anything with Heath bits in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with Heath bar is my fav, we're going to make these at some point!

    ReplyDelete