Friday, September 9, 2011

Cake anyone?!

Where has the week gone?!  I mean I know it was spent dealing with sick children, doing enormous amounts of laundry, trying to keep my house semi clean, and thinking of budget friendly ways to decorate for Fall but other than that... :)
I've lacked in my posts but not in my baking!  I don't know why I didn't make these sooner as I knew they would be amazing the moment I saw the picture!  (okay, okay, MAYBE becuase peanut butter wasn't an ingrediant ;) but that shouldn't have stopped me!)
I have to say that my husband is a sucker for raw cookie dough, any kind really, in fact it doesn't even have to be cookie dough....he eats any dough...it's really a little disturbing.  So, when I read that these were like eating cookie dough I just knew it was the dessert for him!  I was right!  There were only a few left for him to bring into work (and that was after I doubled the recipe)! These were down right tempting and incredibly easy since there was no baking involved.  Totally thinking that this is what I'll be making for my cookie exchange in December....but I'm thinking red velvet cake and green food coloring in the white chocolate bark..YUM!

I LOVE sprinkles! putting them in the truffle made it the perfect 'icing' on the cake LOL get it?!   I ran out of sprinkles so there wasn't any on the outside but it's on my grocery list to get more for the next time I make these.  Which I'm thinking will be very soon!


I found the recipe on Sweet Escapes (but I believe they got it from The Girl Who Ate Anything...you know how the blogging world goes) cake mix truffles.  We orginally thought that the white chocolate bark was going to be too sweet as we submersed the delicously doughy cake balls into the bowl of melted goodness but it surprisingly turned out to be the perfect coating!  That's why other people come up with recipes and I just follow them ;)  Asking my husband to wait until they were cooled in the refrigerator for a an hour was pure torture for him, but he held up well (I gave him a taste test to hold him over)!  What can I say? These were out of this world awesome and you really can't eat just one!

I've seen a lot of posts on cake balls for the holidays...if you make these around Halloween, use orange food coloring for the coating and put some popicle sticks in them... truffle lolipops!  Perfect to tie an orange bow around and hand out to your neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment