Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday...Thirsty Anyone?

Thursday....ohh how I remember when it used to be 'thirsty Thursday' and the big decision was what frat house we were going to go too and who was going to be the sober one who watched out for the rest of us! My Thursday's are a lot different these days, but I still like to bring back the 'thirsty' every now and than! So today I'm going to give a shout out to my college days and I'm posting my favorite drink...a LIT (long island iced tea).  Though it was more like beer from a keg back in college, this is my current preferred drink.  I think I use this as my 'go to' because I only need one in order to get that ear to ear smile. (you know what I'm talking about!  When you feel good enough to smile that big yet you're still sober enough to walk straight!)  It's a perfect start to a thirsty kinda night!  Happy drinking :)Picture of Long Island Iced Tea Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 ounce vodka
  • 1 ounce gin
  • 1 ounce white rum
  • 1 ounce tequila
  • 1/2 ounce Triple Sec
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup cola, or to taste
  • 2 lemon wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment