Sunday, August 28, 2011

Buckeyes - An amazing peanut butter treat!

It couldn't have been any hotter today! Really! We broke a record for the hottest day ever. Complete craziness if you ask me; this girl needs some brisk-ness in the air!  In fact, I believe some of my skin may have melted off when I stepped outside to go to church this morning.  So, who in their right mind would turn on the oven for a sweet treat?!  Not me!  But that didn't stop me from 'baking' up something special.  And who could resist more peanut butter goodness? Not me!  So, I stepped into the kitchen and put together some oh sooo yummy, oh soo not diet friendy (but who cares when it's this hot), oh sooo irresistble Buckeyes.  The recipe I used came from Sweet Escapes and the outcome was dinner skipping awesomeness!
 Oh how I love peanut butter!  Just the smell of it made me want to start eating it right from the measuring cup!  But I continued on and added the PB to my mixer with some cream cheese, butter, powered sugar and graham cracker crumbs...these ingrediants combined equals complete bliss if you ask me!
I hope this doesn't look too ghetto :) I do not have an official double boiler so I just make do with what I have and it turned out perfectly. I also used milk chocolate because it's what I had in the house and my husband likes it better than dark chocolate (which is what the recipe calls for).

All lined up on wax paper and ready to start the dipping process!

 In the refrigerator they went to cool down...
And the outcome was heavenly! I seriously cannot stop eating them. This is by far the best 'no bake' dessert I've ever had!  Happy 'baking'!

1 comment:

  1. A co-worker made these last year and brought them in. They were awesome!!! Can't wait to make these! Great post!

    ReplyDelete