Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Motherhood - "God is not above these moments"

Motherhood is Application

One of my girlfriends posted this link of FB and when I read it this morning it really hit home for me. It's so easy to lose our patience, at least it is for me, when we are trying to 'do it all' and have everything be perfect in non perfect situations.  God is with us for the amazing, crazy, demanding, ride known as motherhood and this article was a nice reminder that we can turn to him to help guide us through the times in our life when we have reached our last bit of patience (which is daily for me).  God has shown each of us such foregiveness, grace and unconditional love that it's the right choice to show our kids these exact things in to glorify Him, and yes, even when everything is going wrong.
(I believe the kitchen part was written just for me as this tends to be my most stressful part of the day) So, here's to more burned dinners and dishes left dirty in the sink in the hopes of more opportunities to stop what I'm doing and show my children "the grace that God has extended to me and feed my children with it." To "apply what I believe about God's mercy and kindness and suffering towards us and pour it out to them."
I attended a sisterhood event at my church last night and they challenged each woman there to pick something in your life, something that isn't perfect (perhaps something you keep in the 'closet' and never talk about) and change it over the next 30 days.  After reading this article, my challenge to myself will be on a daily basis to to show my children the mercy of God through my actions towards them. I'm not exactly sure what this will look like but as the article stated, "Trust God, give thanks.  Laugh, Believe - and that will feed your children.  Rest in God and your children will learn to."
Happy Tuesday! I hope it's full of many blessed mothering moments!
Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment