Monday, September 19, 2011

Halloween Pops

I saw this idea on Women's Day, Oreo Dipped Pops , and decided to make them to fit into a Halloween theme.  I used white chocolate bark and added food coloring to make it orange and deocrated them with orange and black sprinkles.  The kids are going to love eating these decked out Oreos on a stick! 


So as if Oreo cookies aren't good enough, I dip them in chocolate and add sprinkles! 
That should have been enough...it should have been, but it wasn't.  Why you ask?  Because I'm in love with peanut butter.  I figured, why not spread peanut butter on the Oreo's before dipping them in chocolate...sounds simple...a perfect idea, perhaps?  Not. So. Much.  It was a mess!  The heaviness from the peanut butter made the sticks fall out of the cookie when they were being dipped in the chocolate. Spreading the peanut butter on the cookie broke a lot of them.  Just one disaster after another.  It was quite sad.  Again this is why other people make up recipes and I follow them. 
These are the 'lucky ones' as I like to call them that sort have survived the whole process... Even though they weren't as pretty as the others, they were totally worth the mess!  YUM-O! 

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! Love that you Halloween'd them =o)

    ReplyDelete