Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School - Jitter Glitter

Not sure exactly where this orginated from but it's such a cute idea for those little ones in your life who are about to emark on the new adventure of school!  Since my boys are too little for the 1st day of school jitters, I decided to send this to my nephews who will be going to Pre-K and Kindergarden this year.  Below is the poem and a picture of one that I made (though the baggie of glitter is not in the pic).  I just printed out the poem in a fun color, framed it with solid scrapbook paper and did a larger frame of school themed paper. I bought some crafting glitter at Michaels and put some in a little baggie and attached with a paper clip. In the mail it goes today; I think the boys will enjoy it!

The night before school is exciting and fun. There's always so much to be done.
Your clothes are ready.
Your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things to do.
There are so many questions going through your mind,
So many thoughts of every kind.
Sometimes teachers and kids get the jitters down deep.
And find it hard to fall asleep.
This magic glitter is a present for you.
It will help you be rested and ready for school.
Just sprinkle a little upon your head.
Tonight before you go to bed.
The glitter will help you sleep through the night
And wake in the morning fresh and bright.
We'll sprinkle some on our heads too
Remember, they just can't wait to begin Kindergarten with you!

2 comments:

  1. How totally cute is that?!?!

    I'm trying to follow you but there's no button. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveandalittlexanaxWednesday, August 24, 2011

    Erin, first of all thank you for wanting to follow me! Second, I'm having lots of issues with some gadgets on my blog. I just updated to a newer version of IE so I'm hoping that helped with some things. Please try to follow again and let me know if it doesn't work...so sorry! This is also my 4th attempt to try and post back to you...hoping to get it all figured out soon! Have a great middle of the week day!

    ReplyDelete